The College of Saint Rose is a dynamic institution of higher education, enrolling more than 4,200 students. Located in the City of Albany, the heart of New York State's Capital Region, the College is a private, independent, coeducational institution, defined by dedicated faculty, administrators, and staff, all focused on transforming the lives of our students. Through a strong liberal education curriculum, and professional programs, Saint Rose serves four-year and transfer students and working professionals in undergraduate, graduate degree and advanced certificate programs in four academic schools: Arts and Humanities; Business; Education; and Mathematics and Sciences. The College is preparing to celebrate its Centennial in 2020 with the launch of the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan which focuses on global connectedness, student success and fostering creativity and innovation.
Guided by our founders and continuing sponsors, the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet, the College is proud of its mission of service to the urban community. As an institution that values inclusion, we seek to attract and employ individuals who reflect the cultural diversity found within our student body, and across the nation and globe.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide customer service to students and other members of the College community who use the Bursar's Office. In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining student accounts, processing payments and other campus deposits, and reconciling daily receipts.
- Communicate with students, staff, and the public regarding billing and account information
- Provide excellent customer service to students, parents and members of the College community through in-person, telephone, electronic or written communication
- Receive and process student and departmental payments
- Reconcile daily payment receipts and prepare banking deposits
- Reconcile credit card payment receipts/reports
- Resolve discrepancies with student accounts
- Distribute and cash student Work Study paychecks
- Balance cash boxes
- Maintain and update files
- Complete special projects as assigned
- High School diploma required; Associate's Degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required
- At least one year customer service experience required
- Prior experience in positions involving cash transactions is required
- Excellent math skills and analytical abilities required
- Intermediate level computer skills using a windows based operating system are required; Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency preferred
- Ellucian Banner experience is preferred
- Prior experience in an educational institution is preferred
Full year, Part-Time, 20-hour a week position. Monday through Friday, 4 hours a day. The hours must include the period of 12 pm to 2 pm each day.
Rate of Pay: $13.45/hour
Comprehensive health and dental benefits, generous time off, a tuition remission plan to for employees and eligible dependents, pension plan, 403b plan and wellness programs including the use of our fitness center.
The College of Saint Rose values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, marital status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or any other condition established by law.
For additional information and application instructions, log on to our website at
and open a College of Saint Rose Employment Account today!!!
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency